Extending a spirit of adoption throughout the Willamette Valley to include every person who is in a place that makes them easy to overlook. Our Mission is to invite them into our big body of Christ church family at large, throughout the year with EXTRA emphasis on ALL MAJOR holidays!
We don’t want to reinvent the wheel. We want to come alongside many different ministries and organizations to help LOVE the people in our community well.
There is a vision and dream that we can CHANGE our WHOLE community ONE act of kindness at a time. How will you ripple outward with LOVE as the hands and feet of JESUS? Let's reach the unchurched, the sceptics, the downtrodden, and the overlooked in new, creative, unboxed ways together.
Who We Currently Serve
God Gear Houses (Albany)
Oxford Houses (Albany)
Teen Challenge (Tangent & Eugene)
Jackson St. Youth Shelters (Albany & Corvallis)
Helping Hands (Albany)
Signs of Victory (Albany Mission)
Also, some homeless camps
CHILDREN’S MENTAL INSTITUTION
Trillium Farm Home (Corvallis)
DHS directly (Albany)
We also partner with FISH of Albany.
Theme for 2021: Let There Be Art!
January – planning and prayer
February – Valentine's Day
March – Easter Planning
April – Easter
May – Mothers’ Day
June – Fathers’ Day
July – Summer Fun Project
August – Teen Craft Night
September – Christmas planning starts
October – Operation Halloween TAKEOVER!
November – Thanksgiving
December – CHRISTMAS!
What can I do all year long?
- Join a team!
- Collect hotel soap and toiletries
- Pray (a lot)
- Give and donate
- Reach OUT – Tell us about underserved groups that need Holiday Care.
How do I join a team?
Send me an email: Michelle@vccalbany.com
Please include the following:
- Contact information, including the best way/time to get a hold of you.
- How you want to be involved throughout the year? What are your goals? What is your availability for projects?
- Who do you want to serve? Who are you called to serve? Where do you see yourself most excited to show up?
- What are your talents and gifts? Are you a baker, maker, sewer, planter, crafter, card writer, artist? I want to know, so don't be modest! All gifts are welcome, and I want you working on the right team!
If all this seems overwhelming, ask to meet and we can chat about it in person over some coffee, tea, or whatever you'd like. The goal is to take joy and delight into the community through your calling, and truly make this fun for EVERYONE! Jesus says, "My yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:30)
Also, feel free to send proposals for getting deeper into the community with new places to serve. Think of this as a hub to a wheel with many spokes. LET’S GROW TOGETHER!