Mid-Valley Fellowship’s Identity Month: June 2021
Who are you?
That question can be a source of much confusion and uncertainty. Our world has many answers to the question, and very few of them are consistent with God’s design and intent for our lives. A major piece of walking in authentic relationship with God, self, and others involves embracing our God-given identity, rather than the other identities that attempt to define us.
What is Identity Month?
Identity Month is a season set aside (month of June) to focus on our God-given identity and how to live in that.
Week 1: June 6 / Foundation of Identity in Christ
- we need identity/definition of who we are
- parents are intended to bestow a healthy identity on us
- when we begin relationship with God, he defines our identity as a foundation for life with him
Week 2: June 13 / How Embracing Your Identity in Christ Makes a Difference Personally
- necessity to internalize what God says about us
- replace lies we have believed with truth
- the result is transformation of the way we see ourselves, aligning with God’s perspective
Week 3: June 20 / Walking Out Your Identity in Christ with Other Believers
- seeing the God-given identity of other believers
- being unified with others around our God-given identity
- speaking affirmation of others’ identity and receiving affirmation of ours
Week 4: June 27 / Walking Out Your Identity in Christ with Unbelievers
- being at peace/confident in the foundation of our God-given identity
- sharing The Gospel (“Good News”) with others
- accepting their response, whether positive or negative – neither changes our identity