On August 26, 2018 by Nicole Cade
On August 5, 2018 by Nicole Cade
On July 15, 2018 by Nicole Cade
On July 8, 2018 by Nicole Cade
There was a glitch in the recording, and only the last few minutes of the message are available–including most of the recap and the final prayer. The following is from the conclusion from Nicole’s notes (click here for a pdf full PowerPoint notes):
In conclusion, if humility includes how we think and how we act–and those two aspects are interconnected, how we think is reflected in how we act, and how we act shows others just how we think–then renewing the mind is key to humility.
So if humility includes how we think, that being “having a humble opinion of one’s self” and how we act, that being “to be humble”…what does that look like for sons and daughter of God within the Kingdom of God?
And if humility can look a 1,000 different ways, how do we know if we are “walking humbly” and “putting on humility”? The key is “what is the motivation behind the act”? Is my motivation prompted by me or God?
- I believe God invites us into “walking humbly” when we are willing to lay down what is “rightfully mine” and ask Him the question, God what do I need to empty myself of? What do I need to give up, or give to someone else?
- I believe God invites us into “walking humbly” when we are willing to lay down our distractions and invite in God’s perspective by asking God to help us see others how He sees them, and situations the way He sees those situations.
- I believe God invites us into “walking humbly” when we are willing to lay down the mindset “it’s not fair”, in order to set ourselves up to be obedient to the Father beyond our own wants and desires.
“Walking humbly” and “putting on humility” is available to each one of us by the grace of God. He enables us and empowers us to walk humbly as we are open to Him transforming the way we think about ourselves, others, and Him. And as we walk humbly, we represent Him as His sons and daughters demonstrating the Kingdom of God here on earth as (and I am taking this from the definition of a bondservant) those whose service is used by Christ in extending and advancing His cause among men. That’s saying “yes” to the gospel of the Kingdom of God.
On June 10, 2018 by Nicole Cade
On May 27, 2018 by Nicole Cade. Includes a testimony from Selina Anderson during the message, and a prayer by Joe Cobarrubia with regards to Selina’s testimony at the end.
On May 6, 2018 by Nicole Cade
- Veteran’s Legacy Event July 4, 2023July 22nd at 8:00 am there will be a group doing labor at the Veteran‘s camp throughout the day to finish work projects or provide lunch/dinner and visit with veterans onsite. This is a wonderful opportunity to bless our Veterans. Click here to sign upSandy Sturdy
- Youth Bake Sale June 28, 2023Sunday, July 2nd, (after both services) the youth will be having a donations basis bake sale to raise money for Youth Camp. Come prepared to buy yummy goodies and bless our youth!Sandy Sturdy
- Divine Healing Technician Training June 22, 2023Ellyne Kutschera will be leading a JGLM (John G. Lake Ministries) Divine Healing Technician Training by Curry Blake. It is based on the absolute authority of God’s word, exercising the dominion and authority of Jesus over sickness and disease, taking responsibility to serve and protect the oppressed captives of sickness and disease, and the Believer’s […]Sandy Sturdy
- Santiago Atitlan’s Church Building Fund June 20, 2023For June Missions Sunday we are highlighting the Santiago Atitlan’s Church (that Lee Schnabel planted 37 years ago.) The Guatemala Team got to meet the Pastor and present him with money, but we would like to continue to support them and their vision for expanding the family of God in their community. If you would […]Sandy Sturdy
- Sunday Cruise In June 14, 2023Come join us on Sunday, August 20th, after second service, for a car & motorcycle show with a free BBQ lunch! Hot bikes, hot rods, low riders… All cars welcome! Registration starts at 11 am Show from 12 to 2 Judging starts at 1 pm Pastor’s choice, People’s choice, and 10 other trophy categories Child […]Sandy Sturdy
- Church Family Picnic June 11, 2023Join us, Sunday, June 25th following 2nd service for a Family BBQ Picnic! The church is providing pulled chicken and pork, cowboy baked beans, and beverages. Please bring a dish to share based on the first letter of your last name: A-P, Salads & Side Dishes Q-Z, Desserts There will be some tables and chairs […]Sandy Sturdy
- Foursquare Disaster Relief Training June 8, 2023Jul 14–15, 2023 Bridgeport Church is offering Foursquare Disaster Relief Training for anyone interested in being prepared to respond to local, regional or national man-made or natural disasters. Foursquare Disaster Relief Training is a 16-hour course. The training is vital for anyone interested in assisting in a local, regional, or large-scale disaster, including serving with […]Sandy Sturdy
- Sacred Rhythms: Visio Divina June 6, 2023Join us on Saturday, June 17th from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm in the Lobby for another one of our Sacred Rhythms events. Each month we want to have a time to learn and practice a different spiritual exercise that we can use in our quiet times with God. This time Donna Dluehosh will be […]Sandy Sturdy
- Worship in the Park June 1, 2023Friday, August 11th at 5:00 pm there will be a time of worship at the Albany YMCA. Join churches from around the Valley as we come and worship Jesus together!Sandy Sturdy
- Trauma Reboot May 30, 2023Trauma was your personal intersection with the brokenness of the world. Recovery is your personal intersection with the loving, powerful heart of God. Trauma Reboot offers 12-week peer-led trauma healing course which combines best practices from the medical and mental health disciplines with the timeless principles found in the Bible. June 12th – September 4th, Monday […]Sandy Sturdy